How To Make An Investment Out Of Your Home Purchase
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial transactions people make in their lifetime. With so much at stake, it’s important to have all the information you need to make the right decision for you and your family. While at first it might seem overwhelming, once you understand that buying a home is simply a process or series of steps, you can feel more comfortable moving forward. Our team is here to help guide you and provide all the information you need.
Home Buying Steps
- Let’s have a preliminary chat- Regardless of whether you’re ready to move or just thinking about it, the first step is for us to sit down and talk about your goals. We will talk about your specific needs and what options might be available to you.A buyer’s agent is your advocate in the process and because our commission is paid for by the seller, our services are completely free to you.
- Establish the right purchase price- The next step is to talk to a lender. This can be your credit union or local bank or perhaps, a mortgage broker. The lender will discuss your income, credit and savings and then give you a budget and preapproval letter. They will also make sure you leave with a full understanding of all the costs involved in the loan and payments, including closing costs, loan costs, taxes, principal and interest.
- Finding the perfect home-Now comes the fun part…shopping for the perfect home. We will tour as many homes as necessary to find just the right one. Sometimes it’s the first one we see or sometimes it may take weeks or even months. Once we find it, you’ll be ready with preapproval in hand to jump on the opportunity.
- Negotiate the price-It’s important to note that the list price is only the seller’s preferred price, not necessarily what the home is worth. We will prepare a comparative value report so you can see if the offer price is a fair market price. We will write an offer and, if necessary, negotiate with the seller’s side to reach an agreement.
- Closing process-Once the seller accepts our offer, we will start the real work of buying a home. We will have a home inspection and order an appraisal to ensure you are getting a solid home free from hidden problems and at a fair market price. Once you are satisfied with the condition and loan terms, we will close.
The most important thing I’d like to get across to you is that you are in control. If at any point in the process you find anything which makes you uncomfortable…we can cancel and keep looking. My job is to protect you and your investment.
So, are you ready to start looking? Buying a new home is exciting. We take the mystery out of the process so you can focus on the fun stuff…finding a new home!
Want to start searching now?